A drip coffee maker is, without doubt, a must-have appliance for any coffee enthusiast. In fact, it is the ease and speed at which this machine makes coffee that makes it an incredible addition to your kitchen’s countertop. However, there are a couple of considerations to make if you want to purchase the best drip coffee makers that will satisfy your needs as revealed by the comprehensive buyer’s guide outlined below.
Navigate to Contents
- Top 5 Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
- 1. Jura Ena Micro 1 Drip Coffee Maker
- 2. Breville BDC600XL Drip Coffee Maker
- 3. Keurig B155 Commercial Brewing Drip Coffee Maker
- 4. Yama Glass 6-8 Cup Cold Drip Coffee Maker
- 5. DeLonghi Kmix 10-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Drip Coffee Maker
- Benefits of a Drip Coffee Maker
Top 5 Drip Coffee Maker Reviews
With so many coffee maker reviews found online, finding the best coffee maker becomes a daunting task. To help you avoid it, we provide brief reviews of the best drip coffee makers.
|Jura Ena 13626||01 Cup||120V||1450W||19 Pounds||See Price|
|BREVILLE BDC550XL||12 Cup||120V||1400W||16 Pounds||See Price|
|KEURIG B155||01 Cup||120V||1400W||18 Pounds||See Price|
|Yama Glass YAMCDM8CBR||08 Cup||120V||1450W||10 Pounds||See Price|
|DeLonghi Kmix||10 Cup||125V||1400W||09 Pounds||See Price|
Factors to Consider When Buying a Drip Coffee Maker
Before deciding to buy the first drip coffee maker, there are many things you should take into consideration.
Depending on your needs and the countertop space, you may choose to buy a full-size drip coffeemaker that is capable of brewing up to 12 cups or a smaller unit that can make 4 cups. There are 1 cup machines too which are ideal for travelers who want a freshly brewed cup of coffee when on the go.
There are various types and models of drip coffee makers, and again the choice is dependent on your needs. There are those that come with integrated warming trays to keep the brewed coffee warm. Others have replaced the conventional glass carafe with an insulated thermal carafe. These models switch off automatically after brewing and use the carafes to keep the coffee warm. Either way, buy the type that best suits your daily requirements.
Different machines will dispense coffee differently. There are those that will brew coffee, hold it the built-in tank and only dispense one cup at a time. There are others that will do more than making coffee. These are the units to go for if you want to grind coffee and brew it at a predetermined time. Most recent units come with a brew pause feature that lets you stop the flow of coffee long enough to pour a cup. While the choice of style may differ from one individual to the other, best coffee drip maker should have the latest features for increased usability.
4. Cup Capacity
For those who live alone and drink coffee more often, consider buying a drip coffee maker that has a capacity of 4 cups as it will serve you right. If you have an average family of 2 to 4 members, then a unit that has a capacity of 12 cups would be better. A unit with a large cup capacity is ideal when you need to brew coffee for large gatherings such as parties or weddings.
The best drip coffee maker should have an ergonomic design that enhances the functionality. Purchase a machine that allows you to sneak a cup during the brewing process. A unit mounted with a water filter ensures that you brew better-tasting coffee beside reducing the accumulation of scale.
You may also opt for units that use paper or permanent filters. Machines using permanent filters are affordable since there is no need to replace the paper now and then. However, it is easier to get rid of coffee grounds with disposable paper liners.
6. Convenience and Safety
Check out the features and the safety of the unit you want to purchase. Top models come with a host of well thought out features such as automatic shutoff, alerts to notify you when brewing is done and an adjustable clock that allows you to set the brewing time.
The type of carafe boils down to personal taste and preference. While some coffee enthusiasts love glass carafes that are placed on the heater plate others would rather use a machine that has an insulated thermal carafe to keep the coffee warm.
The dimension of the drip coffee maker is determined by how large or small your countertop is. If you have a large countertop, you may decide to go with a machine whose dimensions are large and vice versa.
9. Warranty and Support
The minimum warranty period for a drip coffee maker should be at least 3 years. In addition, ensure that the unit you buy provides telephone and email support just in case anything you need to contact the manufacturer.
The features of a drip coffee maker significantly determine the performance and usability of the machine. Purchase a unit that has as many features as possible. Go for the advanced models as they are most likely to have the latest technology. Read through the list of features before buying.
11. Cleaning and Maintaining
The best drip coffee maker should be easy to clean. Ease of cleaning is paramount, given the fact that coffee can stain the machine if not properly cleaned. To maintain the coffee maker, ensure that you decalcify the unit after every three months.
12. Customer Reviews
A highly rated drip coffee maker is likely to be of high quality. Ensure that you read the customer reviews on the manufacturer’s website. In so doing, you will be making the purchase from a point of information.
Benefits of a Drip Coffee Maker
Using a drip coffee maker has many benefits including:
1. Brewing Easy –Brewing coffee is a breeze thanks to modern models that can brew at incredible speeds. You can even set the waiting time and watch as the coffee brews.
2. Coffee Stays Warm Longer – Most drip coffee makers have a hot plate beneath the coffee pot to keep the coffee warm of a prolonged period.
3. Produces Lighter Flavored Coffee – The quality of coffee made by drip coffee makers is velvety and with a delicious flavor. This is because these machines filter out oils to give better-tasting coffee.
4. Easy to Use – You don’t need prior coffee making experience to use a drip coffee maker effectively. Most come with user-friendly interfaces that can be used by anybody as long as they follow the prompts correctly.
5. Taste Just as Great as Those in Cafes – It ‘s hard to differentiate between the coffee brewed using a coffee maker and that made in a café. This is because drip coffee makers use the same precision as the one used in coffee shops.
The best drip coffee maker is the one that gives value for money. While it is relatively tasking settling on the right machine, knowing a few things about these units will help you spend your money on a product that is worth it. The detailed guide above shows you precisely how to do it.
Other Useful Articles
- Best Black Friday Deals on Coffee Makers
- Top Black Friday Deals on Convention Toaster Ovens
- Guide on Top Water Filter Pitchers